Friday, June 5, 2009

Smokey



Some days I wonder if animals in our family are really worth it! Today Smokey caught and killed a Blue Jay in the back yard. That was very upsetting to Katelyn who was crying the whole time I was getting a shovel to put the bird in the garbage can. After disposing of the bird I had to give Smokey a bath and brush his teeth. In the mean time it started to pour down rain and because of all the excitement Kate was late for school. She asked me if I would drive her. While I was gone Smokey pooped on the guest bed. He better watch out!! He may be looking for a new home soon. Since going to school Kate has been sending me text messages asking in birds carry rabies. Does anyone know?

3 comments:

LaMar said...

This is a quote from a website on the internet: "Animals who are not mammals, such as birds, fish, turtles, and snakes, cannot carry rabies." I think smokey may be safe from rabies but may be living under a death watch from his other activities!! Love, Grandfather Sleight

Michele Mendenhall said...

Buddy has Smokey beat this week. I had to call Poison Control, which I have never done before, because he ate Destin. I was gone for a few hours and came home to a disgusting mess. Let's just say I considered finding him a new home.

Nicole said...

Okay that is funny that Dad was googling if Dogs could get rabies. Luckily Sophie hasn't pulled anything like that before!